Monday 17 November 2014

Week Two - Blog Reflection

We haven't  currently started filming but our planning will have a good effect of the music video. I believe this because planning the music video ensures each group member has a clear insight of what the music video is about and how we would like it to look like. Failing to plan the music video could lead to time delay which could result to not reaching the deadline. Also it means will be improvising as we go along as we have the idea but don't really know how to implement it into the video. This would put us in a really bad position as the theme won't be clear and the message of the whole video will be all over the place.

A technical skill used in week two was research. In week two I researched my artist background and why he loves music etc. I found out my artist also has his own clothing line as well being a rapper. This research was done to get a better understand of the artist to know how to act in the music video. I believe knowing a bit of history of the artist  will help us know to use to act as the artist as they can either empathise or sympathise with the character and will be able to portray the the artist in the music video.
In addition, I done research on representation theory to gain a better understanding of what videos exists and what they normally include. I done this to get a broad idea of how to lay my music video and possibly implement ideas of the specific types of the videos I denote into my own piece of music video. There were three  different types of videos that came under the representation theory which were: The male gaze theory, voyeurism and ways of seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment