Thursday 23 October 2014

Week One - Blog Reflection

Week One

My initial ideas for my music videos is to create a clear juxtaposition of fortunate and less fortunate. This is because my music video is for an artist rapping about his life. He says: 'Yungen is living a dream, CJ is living a nightmare' this shows that although he is a star he is still struggling with issues within real life like everybody else. In addition, Yungen started from humble beginnings within the street life and has struggled through to reach what he loves doing. I will emphasise this through the use of clothing showing how he looked before he became the artist 'Yungen'. Also I would like to show a clear contrast of how he acted without all the materialistic things he may have now as 'Yungen' this will help my video to be realistic and help the audience understand the concept of the video.




I would like to use the idea of Meek Mill's video into my video because there is a clear contrast of fortunate and less fortunate people. We denote this at 1:40 seconds where a medium wide shot has been shown to see the expensive clothing chains and designer shades whereas at 1:41 seconds there is a clear juxtaposition of the rich and poor lifestyle where we denote a medium wide shot of men topless and dirty outworn shirts.






I would also like to implement the idea of Ed Sheeran video as it is an R&B video which subverts most of the codes and conventions of and R&B video with props like expensive chains, watches, clothing, house etc. whilst this scene is set near a tube station and park locally which I could implement into my video as its costly.

I would like to work with Cherly & Timi because I believe us three working together will pull of a great music video with each of us implementing our own strengths into the music video. Also the idea with having a girl in our video was done to get a females perspective on the music video incase the the group was full of males and we was a bit biased. Also I have good experience with working with  Timi from last years project and we worked in a boys group and although our end product was good the communication between us all wasn't as good and I believe with the new addition to the group will work together well and pull off a good music video.

My hopes and fears are not being able to pull off my creative ideas to reality. This is because in my head I imagine it as perfect and I am worried how will I actually implement my thoughts to reality. Also the absence of characters is something I fear as that can delay getting the music video done in the due date.










No comments:

Post a Comment