Wednesday 15 October 2014

Feedback Pitch Video


The feedback video included what went well in my pitch and what could do better. Firstly, first feedback I received was from Roxanne where she said she really liked it and believes I explained every step in detail including why I want to use certain locations, costumes and his personal life. I believe it was essential to ensure I explained in detail what I want my video to look like in order for the audience to be able to picture what I have in mind. Roxanne questioned why I chose Yungen as the star i'd like to create a video for which was because he hadn't produced a video for it but only the audio and I believed i had a vision of the best way it could've been presented. I was also asked what camera angles I intend to use which was a birds eye view of the artist in the room alone to symbolise isolation. This was my vision to do so in order for the narrative video to relate to the lyrics when being played.

I was also questioned of what types of characters I was intending to use and why I chose the specific people to fulfil the role which was because I believe young black males could be able to relate to the video and take on the role passionately with being able to act confidently like how the artist Yungen feels and also because i believe they'll be reliable in the sense of knowing them personally with the advantage of them being available more time.

Another feedback I received was what other videos I viewed before making my decision to pick yungen. I was able to research several other genres and i believe grime was the genre i could relate to most and a young teenager as most of the lyrics and what goes on in them are relatable to young teenagers. The final decision was Yungen as he differed to many other grime artist through subverting the conventional aspects of them such as drugs, half-naked women, luxury assets and many more. I wanted a challenge to be able to put a music video that didn't include all those generic conventions.

The audience also said they watched a grime video with a bunch of males rapping into the camera and would like to know if i would portray that into my final production too. I didn't want to implement that common generic convention into my final production as i wanted to be unique and be able to have my own ideas of a narrative video.

When presenting my pitch I listed the equipment i intended to use such as tripod, film camera and still camera and the audience were curious of why i may need a still camera which was because if i filmed a scene next to a prop such as a bin i'd use the camera to take a picture of where i was located for future references incase i wasn't able to finish the scene on the same day.

I was also praised for the annotations of the lyrics as they related to the locations I showed to the my class mates. I believe it was quite important for the lyrics to be able to relate to the locations as it gives the audience a better understanding of how the character is feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment